You have the copper mug and now you need to find something interesting to fill it with? If the traditional Moscow mule recipe isn’t exciting enough, maybe you could try adding blueberries?
Adding blueberries to the classic Moscow mule keeps its refreshing taste and adds a little something extra to make it unique. You can give your mule some flare by adding some blueberry syrup (made from scratch!).
Blueberry Moscow Mules
Step 1: Make Your Home Made Blueberry Syrup
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 0.25 cup of water
Mix the ingredients in a sauce man and allow to boil for 4 minutes. Then allow the mixture to simmer on low heat for another 11 minutes until it thickens. Use a strainer to remove any blueberry skins.
Step 2: Blueberries + Moscow Mule Recipe
- 1 cup of refreshing ginger beer
- 1-2 oz. shot of vodka
- 1 half of the juice from a lime (fresh squeezed of course)
- Prepared blueberry syrup as shown above
How to Prepare:
- Combine the lime juice, ginger beer, and vodka into your copper mug and stir (perhaps using a copper straw?)
- Add ice to the top of the mug and pour the blueberry syrup over the ice slowly.
- Stir it once more and garnish with leftover blueberries or the traditional lime wedge.
- Score points with friends for being creative.
- Make your best attempt to use high-quality ingredients. Just like anything you eat or drink, ingredients make an impact. If you choose to use cheap vodka or that old ginger beer from your hot trunk you can expect a sub-standard taste!