The classic Moscow Mule recipe is synonymous with the copper mug. It is hard to know if the copper mug made the moscow mule famous or was it the tasty moscow mule that made the copper mug famous?
So here it is, the classic recipe that offer the perfect balance of vodka, ginger beer, lime, and deliciousness.
Moscow Mule Recipe
- 2 oz. Vodka
- Juice squeezed from 1/2 of a lime.
- 1 bottle of Ginger Beer (Non-Alcoholic)
- Few cubes of ice
- Slice of lime and mint for a garnish
How to Prepare:
- Fill your copper mug with the cubes of ice.
- Squeeze in the lime juice. Use a whole lime if you like the tangy flavor.
- Add the vodka.
- Top off the mug with ginger beer. Leave half inch gap from the rim to the fill line.
- Add lime and/or mint as a garnish.
- Drink. Enjoy. Repeat!
- Make your best attempt to use high-quality ingredients. Just like anything you eat or drink, ingredients make an impact. If you choose to use cheap vodka or that old ginger beer from your hot trunk you can expect a sub-standard taste. It will still probably taste better than most cocktails but won’t do the recipe justice!
- Consider chilling your ingredients prior to making the drink. Use ice cold vodka, ginger beer, and limes. Also consider pre-chilling your copper mug.
- Don’t forget to pick up a set of copper mugs!