It’s that time of year when everyone starts to think about their significant other. You may consider their favorite meal or restaurant. Maybe their favorite movie as well. But what about their favorite cocktail. That’s why this recipe is so important. It takes one of the most popular cocktails and makes it festive for the big V-day. Here is our take on the Valentine’s Day Moscow mule recipe.
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar (preferably granulated)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 4 oz. of your favorite vodka (2oz. for the lightweights!)
- 1 can/bottle ginger beer
- 1-2 strawberries (sliced for garnish)
- Blend strawberries, sugar, and water until pureed.
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix ice, strawberry mix, vodka, and lime juice.
- Fill your mule mug with ice.
- Add contents of the cocktail shaker
- Add ginger beer until topped off.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and serve
- Make your best attempt to use high-quality ingredients. Just like anything you eat or drink, ingredients make an impact. If you choose to use cheap vodka or that old ginger beer from your hot trunk you can expect a sub-standard taste. It will still probably taste better than most cocktails but won’t do the recipe justice!
- Consider chilling your ingredients prior to making the drink. Use ice cold vodka, ginger beer, and limes. Also, consider pre-chilling your copper mug.
- Don’t forget to pick up a set of copper mugs!